We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator, who work to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly.
We follow the Fundraising Regulator's Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and in the Promise below.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO HIGH STANDARDS
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with the Code and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
WE ARE HONEST AND OPEN
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs
WE ARE CLEAR
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
WE ARE RESPECTFUL
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our members and supporters
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
WE ARE FAIR AND REASONABLE
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints policy which is available on our website or on request.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.